Holiday Meal Delivery
Meals are delivered to homebound seniors 365 days of the year. Volunteers are needed to deliver meals on holidays when most of us have the day off. Be a holiday driver and help make a senior smile on these dates:
- Memorial Day Weekend: Saturday-Monday, May 26, 27, & 28, 2012
- Independence Day: Wednesday, July 4, 2012
- Labor Day Weekend: Saturday-Monday, Sept. 1, 2 & 3, 2012
- Veteran’s Day: Monday, Nov. 12, 2012
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, Nov. 22, 2012 (frequently asked questions)
- Christmas: Monday-Tuesday, Dec. 24 & 25, 2012
- New Year’s: Monday-Tuesday, Dec. 31 & Jan. 1
- President’s Day: Monday, Feb. 18, 2013
Holiday meal deliveries (with the exception of Thanksgiving) take place between 10:30 a.m. and noon from our Belmont Center, located at 4610 SE Belmont, Portland. For more information, contact Weekend-Holiday Manager Caroline Henry at 503.953.8123 or .
- Must be at least 18 years old, have a valid driver’s license, own your own vehicle and have current auto insurance. Because we serve a frail and vulnerable clientele, all volunteers will be subject to a background check.
- View our Meals-On-Wheels Driver Handbook 2012 here for more detailed information on being a driver.
Please note: All new Meals-On-Wheels drivers in Oregon must undergo a background check. Click here to get pre-approved.