Holiday Meal Delivery
Meals are delivered to homebound seniors 365 days of the year. Volunteers are needed to deliver meals on holidays when most of us have the day off. Be a holiday driver and help make a senior smile on these dates:
- Christmas Weekend: Saturday-Monday, Dec. 24, 25 & 26
- New Year’s Weekend: Saturday-Monday, Dec. 21, Jan 1 & 2
- President’s Day: Monday, Feb. 20, 2012
- Memorial Day Weekend: Saturday-Monday, May 26, 27 & 28, 2012
- Independence Day: Wednesday, July 4, 2012
- Labor Day Weekend: Saturday-Monday, Sept. 1, 2 & 3, 2012
- Veteran’s Day: Monday, Nov. 12, 2012
- Thanksgiving Day: Thursday, Nov. 22, 2012
Holiday meal deliveries (with the exception of Thanksgiving) take place between 10:30 a.m. and noon from our Belmont Center, located at 4610 SE Belmont, Portland. For more information, contact Weekend-Holiday Manager Caroline Henry at 503.953.8123 or .
PLEASE NOTE: All new Meals-On-Wheels drivers in Oregon must undergo a background check. Reserve a holiday route now by getting your background check completed. Click here to get pre-approved. For instructions on completing the form, click here.
For answers to Frequently Asked Questions, click here.
Here are some local news items highlighting last year’s Thanksgiving delivery:
Upcoming Special Events
- Spring Luncheons
Join us for one of two Spring Luncheons and help raise funds to feed needy seniors.
- Best Tables in Town
Dine in style at one of Portland’s best restaurants and provide meals to seniors at the same time. You and five of your friends or business associates will be wined and dined with a menu created especially for you.
- Valentine-A-Gram — Feb. 14, 2012
Send a sweet treat to your valentine and help local seniors in need. Give a Valentine-A-Gram to clients, coworkers, teachers or someone special and 100% of the proceeds will go towards providing hot nutritious meals to homebound seniors. Volunteers will deliver Valentine-A-Grams on Valentine’s Day, Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2012, throughout the greater Portland-Vancouver area.